Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Spring Cleaning

This weekend was my annual Winter to Spring closet transition. It only took 5 hours on Saturday, 3.5 Lifetime movies, 2 snacks, and 1 helpful husband to get this accomplished. I feel so much better now and in the process Mike cleaned out his side of the closet too. We ended up with some great finds for the consignment store and dropped off a car load of stuff at Goodwill on Sunday.

We found some real treasures cleaning out the closet and this one took me back to my college days...

A sampling of the fabulous collection of plaid flannel
shirts I spent my college years wearing

Now before you make fun, you must know that these were actually quite fashionable circa. 1995-99. Pair one of these with high-waisted Gap jeans and stylish Cole Hahn loafers and the look is complete! I was ready to hit the Sub in style.

Mike wondered aloud when in my past I had been a lumberjack. But seriously who didn't love a great plaid shirt back then??

I have to admit that I have a very hard time parting with old clothes and shoes, but it was liberating to get rid of all this stuff!

3 comments:

Erin said...

I remember all those shirts fondly...oh the loafers!!
Congrats on the closet cleanout!

Pat said...

Yeah, you cleaned your closet !

Mike said...

...from her days as a lumberjack.