Tuesday, May 20, 2008

So Disappointed


I've been anxiously waiting for several days until I've had time to watch the movie P.S. I Love You. I rented the movie this weekend while my mom was here, but she had already seen it, so I was saving it for Sunday night while I waited for Mike to get back in town. Anyways, one thing led to another and I never got around to watching it. Last night was full of work, so I came home tonight ready to settle in for a delicious evening with the chick flick!

I am so completely disappointed in this movie. I absolutely loved the book and this was a major letdown. Now before you lecture me about comparing a movie to the book...I must say that I went into this very open minded and knowing that it likely wouldn't match the images in my head while I was reading the book.

BUT...

I had to stop watching the movie only 15 minutes in...everything about the movie was just so WRONG WRONG WRONG! Nothing about it portrayed the characters or even the plot in way that even remotely resembled the essence of the book. I was ready to give up when the movie title credits started after the first scene, but decided to give it a fair chance and kept watching...well, I didn't make it much further. Cue the scene of Gerry's funeral and I was done.

Looks like I am going to have to go back to my policy of never watching the movies of books I have loved - good thing I never managed to watch Bridge to Terabithia!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Alison! I was just reading your post again and you said on Sunday that "one thing led to another" and you didn't end up watching the movie....you crazy newlyweds!!

Mike said...

Considering I was out of town until late Sunday night I hope a certain "one thing" didn't lead to a certain "other." Otherwise Al and I need to talk. I guess I should start reading our blog more often.

Natasha said...

geez alison! you didn't tell me that part of the story... LOL