Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Coming Soon...

I promise that my post about Seattle is coming soon...work and life have just gotten in the way, but hopefully this will help tide you over until I can finish it.

Erin and I with all the beautiful flowers at Pikes Place Market

A few things I learned about Seattle:

* There are 98 Starbuck's within a 5 mile radius of downtown. And these people don't even really like Starbuck's - they prefer Tully's (another chain) or independent coffee shops.

* Seattle has 230 overcast days each year and 190 completely cloudy with ZERO sunshine days. Four of the overcast days were while I was there. But, the sun did break through several times and Sunday afternoon was beautiful!

* The Space Needle wasn't the original name of the Seattle landmark, but a nickname that stuck after a reporter who was making fun said that the tower looked like a flying saucer.

* The original name of Seattle was Duwomp. Seriously! I'm going to start referring to Erin and Brian as Duwompers. Too bad they don't live in the Seattle suburb of Fremont, then I could call them Fremonsters!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh yeah! Can´t wait to hear more about your trip. I thought I was the only one who was still wearing a coat in July but looks like summer hasn´t arrived to Seattle yet either. We have had two sunny, warm days now and it looks like it is going to continue. Hopefully, finally, I can put my coats away. Hope work isn´t too crazy ...

Pat said...

Who knew what useful trivia you would learn on your trip !