Friday, February 8, 2008

I'm sneaky

Al always gets up earlier than me (at least when her alarm clock is working) so she can be well into her morning beautification ritual by the time I need to get up. She normally comes in after taking her shower and gently nudges (sometimes it requires more than gentle nudges) me awake. She's way hotter than my alarm clock and usually more persuasive (although she can't sing anywhere near as good). Lately she will nudge me awake and then turn on the TV a little too loud to keep me from going back to sleep. We always watch Fox Good Day in the mornings for the weather and their random shenanigans. Well this morning I woke up while she was in the shower, grabbed the remote, stashed it under her pillow and went back to sleep. Sure enough when she came in to wake me up she didnt turn on the TV. Ahh, the silly things we do to get just a few minutes more sleep. I doubt this will actually work again...doh!

In the interest of full disclosure, what ultimately gets me out of bed most mornings is the overwelming urge to pee. I drink a lot of water at night before bed for this very reason. I call it "setting the alarm." Your results may vary.

1 comments:

Dana D. said...

Mornings in the Rigby household are terrible, too. That last few minutes to sleep seems like hours!